Bharat Mukti Morcha today 9th February 2011 organized the rally to protest the Government’s following decisions, actions and inactions:
- To conduct census 2011 without caste enumeration of OBC communities in India. This is done ostensibly to subjugate Mulnivasis people of India.
- To conduct biometric census and give UID cards to citizens that eliminates caste identity and infringes upon citizens right to privacy.
- Failure to withdraw cases pending in Panjim deputy Collector’s Court against Vanxim Island residents filed with the intention to displace local mulnivasis by Mahendra Gaunekar to set up golf tourism, Luxury Villa, Spa and Private Marina in spite of written communications to your office from Bharat Mukti Morcha to do so.
- Failure to stop open caste iron ore and manganese mining in Goa in spite of written communications to Department of mines and Geology for termination of mining leases.
- Failure to revert back all the forest land of Goa diverted for mining purpose.
- Failure to stop sand mining in Goa’s rivers such as in Mandovi river near Vanxim island in spite of written communications to Department of Mines and Geology by Bharat Mukti Morcha.
- Failure to stop illegal mining in various parts of Goa such as Vathadev, Bicholim.
- Failure to scrap SEZ Act that has spelled disaster for Goa in places like Keri, Ponda; Verna, Salcete; Sancoale, Murmogoa and the rest of India as the SEZs are treated as ‘foreign territories’.
- Failure to protect coastal people’s housing and livelihood at Khareavaddo, Vasco.
- Failure to protect the islands for the Mulnivasi people and insultingly taking them over for and Naval authorities off Vasco shore at Arabian Sea
- Failure to implement Forest Rights Act 2006 in Goa by withholding the constitution of mandatory District level committees and Sub-divisional committees in North as well as South Goa district. Forest department has sealed the paths of tribal people to enter forest for the firewood collection and cattle grazing in places like Khotigao Wildlife sanctuary, Canacona.
- Failure to identify and declare scheduled areas in Goa.
- Failure to include Goa tribes in the Vth Schedule of the Constitution of India.
- Failure to impose ban of acquisition of Agricultural and Forest land for industry, Housing, Golf Course, Cricket stadium at Thivim, sports city at Dhargal, Mopa airport in Pernem, and commercial complexes, Fish Mill at Velim, Syngenta in Corlim etc.
- Failure to implement Tenancy Act and Mundkar Act.
- Failure to prevent open disposal of Garbage resulting in pollution of valleys such as Garbage disposal behind St. Xavier’s College, Mapusa and its resultant ill effect on Siolim-Marna.
- Failure to cancel Environmental clearances to hazardous and polluting industries such as Syngenta at Corlim, Zuari Agro Chemicals at Vasco, and Sesa Goa at Naveli, Bicholim.
- Failure to withdraw criminal cases against people all over Goa resisting mining industry. Particular villages includes Colamb in Sanguem, Advalpal in Bicholim, Naveli in Bicholim, Ambaulim in Quepem.
- Failure to scrap sponge iron plants in various parts of Goa such as Pissurlem in Sattari and Mangado in Tiswadi.
- Failure to scrap Jaitapur Nuclear Power plant that is threatening livelihood of Mulnivasis in Madban, Ratnagiri, Maharastra as well as Arabian Sea that is major source of fish in Goa.
- Failure to control rising inflation in all sectors of economy.
- Failure to solve the problems of hunger, poverty and unemployment in India. Ruling castes and classes are deliberately worsening this situation.
- Failure to increase minimum wage rate from the current one at Rs.152/- per day in Goa. It is indeed shameful situation.
- Failure to scrap contract labour system in Goa.
- Failure to prevent the privatization of Health sector. It is utter disgust that Government district hospital in Mapusa is proposed to be privatized and luxury private hospital constructed on government land on Kadamba plateau, Tiswadi.
- Failure to lower the admission fees of Goa University and its affiliated colleges including professional colleges.
- Failure to restore cultivation land inside Mhadei for the agriculture known as ‘Puran Shethi’.
- Failure to scrap the Evacuee property department and handover land at Mayem, Bicholim to the local mulnivasi people.
- Failure to protect the interest of the Mulnivasi people in the RP-2021. Sd/-Sebastian RodriguesConvenorGoa State
Post a Comment