Bharat Mukti Morcha protests against the Electronic Voting machines (EVMs). They are hindrance to free, fair and impartial elections. Last Assembly Elections as well as Parliamentary election conducted through EVM are neither free nor fair but they are great orgies of manipulation through IT skills. We also protest against Election Commission of India for allowing EVM scandal to unfold in India including Goa.
Dr. Subramanium Swamy alleged scandal in the 2009 elections by way of Electronic Voting Machines (EVM) by which Congress won the elections. He filed cases on this issue first in Delhi High court and then in Supreme Court of India at Delhi. Before the cases were filed there were public criticisms of the EVM by Lal Krishna Advani, Chandrababu Naidu, Omesh Saigal, Gulam Nabi Azad, Mamta Bannerjee, Jaylalita, Mulayam Singh Yadav, Ram Vilas Paswan, V.V.Rao, Hariprasad (Expert Technologist), Sitaram Yechuri and Prakash Kharat. Leaders of that time were angry that by manipulating EVMs Congress has won the elections.
Dr. Subramanium Swamy – with full preparation and evidence filed the cases in Delhi High Court and Supreme Court. For this Dr.Swamy deserves praise. His study on EVM forced Supreme Court of India to take note and on October 8th 2013 delivered judgment against EVMs in India. In this judgment Supreme Court held in para 29 “From the materials placed by both the sides, we are satisfied that the paper trail is an indispensable requirement of free and fair elections.” From this it is clear that Supreme Court, Election Commission, and the one who filed the case in Supreme Court – Dr. Subramanium Swamy – is unanimous that without paper trail elections cannot be free, fair and impartial.
In face of this judgment it was necessary to introduce paper trail for 2014 Lok Sabha Elections. Paper trail means evidence on paper that a person has voted. If any voters ask for the proof it can be produced.
Along with this it is compulsory to do paper counting of the candidates as per 8th October 2013 judgment of the Supreme Court. But since it would need 10 lakh machines and these numbers of machines cannot be arranged on time Supreme Court allowed the use of phase-wise paper trails.
Taking advantage of this permission Election Commission of India installed paper trail machines in only 338 locations. From this fact it is clear that Election Commission of India made a mockery of the Supreme Court permission and violated its judgment. Election commission has misused the permissions granted by Supreme Court and for this reason there need to be contempt of court petition filed against Election of India. The conduct of the Election Commission of India is against the Constitution of India. This is clear from the way Election Commission of India has been conducting its affairs.
EVM scandal ridden government is taking decision against Constitution of India and in the absence of genuine representation in the Parliament problems of Indians are multiplying.
- EVM government now does not pass laws after discussion in the Parliament. It makes laws through Ordinances. In Ordinance on Land acquisition there is no thought given to those whom the land belongs. Therefore already impoverished farmers are on the way to streets by turning into landless labourers.
- Ministers themselves in this EVM government are creating atmosphere of Superstitions, Hatred and Violence.
- EVM government has increased taxed on petrol and diesel. Due to this in spite of the lowered costs in international market the petrol and diesel rates continues to be higher.
- EVM government has withheld the scholarship of the studios students; they are pushed to abandon their education program.
- As this EVM government has not taken any firm stand on agriculture and co-operatives, farmers and those co-operatives businesses are on the path towards ruin.
- EVM government has made mockery of the Indian who live hand-to-mouth by increasing rate of cooking gas cylinder and enforcing pretenses of bank account deposits for subsidies.
- In Goa EVM government has granted 29 mining leases for 20 years so that Goa is totally looted to the core. Rs.35,000 crores looted by mining companies are not recovered nor miners sent to jail. Manohar Parrikar’s promise to file FIR against Pratapsingh Rane and Digambar Kamat still remains unfulfilled.
- EVM Government has turned Goa Legislative Assembly into cemetery by passing amendment to the tenancy law and taking control over land away from mulnivasis and handing control to the Landlords who are mostly Eurasian Bamons. In our land Eurasian Bamons are land lords. In our own land we are slaves. This was done when Manhar Parrikkar was the Chief Minister. For us mulnivasis, are a conquered people. We are slaves in our own country. We are tenants on our own soil. We have no strength, no power, and no control over our own destiny in the land of birth. They (Eurasian Bamons) live a life of unequaled prosperity.
- EVM government has not initiated action against Swiss government that prevented submission of Swiss account holders list to the Supreme court of India. Radha Timblo has staked money in Swiss Bank as per Government of India submission to the Supreme Court, while Sulcorna, Muscavrem, Rivona dried up, and paddy field gone forever; forest and springs only a memory. This is our land. This is a land of Goa. This is mining plunder of Goa. Mulnivasis from all over India cough their lungs out in the bowels of Radha Timblo’s and others’ mines, destroying their health.
- EVM government has encouraged illegal fishing in Zuari River and also aggressive incursions by Hotel Grand Hyatt in Zuari River causing disruption of fishing activities of those already disrupted due to sale of their land by Eurasian bamons Sinari, Kamat and Mhambrey in Bambolim and Nauxim. In spite of so many complaints there is no arrest of single Trawler owner. EVM government is committed in fostering illegalities and sky is the limit.
- EVM government in Goa not investigating Vanxim island scandal. Instead has encouraged criminal prosecution of Bharat Mukti Morcha President Maggie Silveira and three other women for defending Vanxim Island in Mandovi River.
- EVM government has turned Goa into gambling den with Casinos flourishing in Mandovi River causing enormous harm to the fisheries. Already report prepared by experts for National Green Tribunal and reported in today’s Lokmat daily indicate high level of Fecal Colifom exceeding the prescribed limits for Rivers. Fecal Colifom causes Gastro, ear infection, typhoid, dysentery etc.
- EVM government is attempting to snatch away the lives and livelihoods of the mulnivasi people by imposing Airport at Mopa.
Post a Comment