1. Bharat Mukti Morcha (BMM) condemns double standards followed in undertaking demolition on Goa Coast. In Baina, people’s houses were demolished on 26th September 2015. In 2009 when Supreme Court ordered demolition of portion of Cidade de Goa hotel State Government came out with Ordinance to protect starred hotel and change the law. Ordinance was soon ratified in the Goa Legislative Assembly. Why no ordinance is passed to protect coastal dwellers? Similarly Hotel Grand Hyatt is found illegal by Goa Bench of Bombay High Court in for violating CRZ laws. Yet the Hotel is allowed to operate by paying fines. Why this duplicity? BMM calls for halt to any GCZMA initiated demolitions at Katem, Baina till starred Hotels Grand Hyatt and Cidade de Goa are demolished. BMM is aware that Baina demotions are carried on to facilitate MPT expansion. BMM calls for safeguarding of Baina Bay as well as Vasco Bay for fishing.
2. BMM Calls for repeal of laws allowing casino gambling in Goa and stop casino installation at Hotel Grand Hyatt, Bambolim. BMM has submitted the letter dated 30/09/2015 to Chief Minister as Casinos has converted Goa into a brothel of India.
3. Traditional Fishermen in Zuari River are facing threats from Mechanized fishing vessels. BMM has called for dismissal of Director of Fisheries Dr.Shamila Monteiro for her failure to implement ban on trawlers within 5 kms from the shore. BMM had meetings with Director of Fisheries and Secretary to Fisheries yet Goa, Daman and Diu Fisheries Regulation Act, 1980 remains unimplemented. Chief Secretary has refused to grant appointment too. Fisheries Minister Avertano Furtado exhibited arrogance on 3/9/2015 over the phone with Rohidas Andrade, BMM Bambolim convener.
4. BMM calls upon MPT to cancel the two lease deeds signed on 12 and 14 October 2010 for 30 years with Kargwal Constructions Pvt Ltd and Yacht Heaven Pvt.Ltd of Chowgule to set up Marinas in Zuari River as they will adversely affect fishing. Chowgule by mining already caused water depletion in Sirgao and drying up of over 300 wells in Mayem.
5. BMM condemns resumption of water sports activities by Aqua Sail on 04/10/2015 in Zuari River affecting fishermen from Cacra, Nauxim, Bambolim, Siridao and Odxel.
6. 500 people signed BMM letter of 13/08/2015 asking Bambolim Panchayat to revoke N.O.C granted to two mobile towers in Bambolim and Nauxim villages. 120 people has signed BMM letter dated 30/07/2015 to the Goa State Pollution Control Board urging to revoke the permissions granted to install mobile towers in Nauxim and Bambolim.
President, Goa Unit