On this day of 17th December 2015 we complete 54 years of Indian Army entering Goa to end Portuguese rule. Was it done to handover Goa in corporate hands like India under East India Company? Bharat Mukti Morcha calls for second liberation struggle.
Bharat Mukti Morcha has taken note of reports in media that 5 star hotel project at Vanxim island in Mandovi River has been given nod for approval by Investment Promotion Board. We find this decision imperial to the core as it violates basic norms of common sense of getting grasp of situation on ground namely ecological fragility as well as civil law and canon law frauds. Issues however are larger than 5 star hotel in Vanxim. What concerns us the most is that this type of high handed aggression is not selectively meted out to Vanxim. Six months ago with regard to Marinas identical treatment was dished out to Bambolim, Sancoale, Nauxim, Cortalim, Agacaim, Siridao, Cacra, Odxel and other villages of Zuari River coast. There are no records that any of the member of the Investment Promotion Board has visited Vanxim island to examine ecological status of the place or get to know civil law and canon law frauds involved. All the member of the Board has taken people of Goa for granted and this is a matter of concern. After investigation we found that following members of the Investment Promotion Board are responsible for this imperial style of decision making:
1. Mr. Laxmikant Parsekar, Chief Minister of Goa and MLA from Pernem taluka who is a Chairman of the Investment Promotion Board.
2. Adv. Francis D’Souza, Deputy Chief Minister of Goa and MLA from Bardez Taluka who is a Vice-Chairman of the Investment Promotion Board.
3. Mr. Dilip Parulekar, Tourism Minister of Goa and MLA from Bardez taluka who is a government member on the Investment Promotion Board.
4. Mr. Mahadev Naik, Industries Minister of Goa and MLA from Ponda Taluka who is a government member on Investment Promotion Board.
5. Secretary (Industry), who is an IAS officer based at Secretariat, Porvorim.
6. Secretary (Tourism), who is an IAS officer based at Secretariat, Porvorim.
7. Mr. Sumit Mazumdar, President (2015-16), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) based in Kolkata. He is into business of mobile cranes. He represents industry on the Investment Promotion Board.
8. Mr. Narayan Bandekar, President, Goa Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) who is into mining business represents industry on Investment Promotion Board.
9. Mr. Shekar Sardessai, President, Goa State Industries Association (GSIA), owns M/s Kineco Pvt. Limited at Pilerne Industrial Estate in Bardez. He represents Industry on the Investment promotion Board.
10. Mr. Atul Pai Kane finds himself on Investment Promotion Board as Industry Stakeholder. He is Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Goa Chairman. He is an executive Chairman, Power Engineering India Pvt Ltd.
11. Mr. Martin Ghosh finds himself on Investment Promotion Board as Industry Stakeholder. Resigned as full time director of Syngenta and based in USA.
12. Mr. Nitin Kunkolienkar finds himself on Investment Promotion Board as Industry Stakeholder. He owns M/s D-Link (India) Ltd at Verna Electronic City.
13. Srinet Kotwale, current CEO, former director of Industries and currently member-secretary, Goa Coastal Zone Management Authority. He will be replaced by fulltime CEO from corporate sector in June 2015.
We find that style of working adopted in decision making by Investment Promotion Board is imperial in totality. Both in Zuari and Mandovi rivers corporate are promoted to carry on the activities enslavement of people and capture of land. These corporate function by nature as moving crocodiles with open mouth galloping anything in their sight. Crocodiles are found in Vanxim Island coming very close to the Church on land and this is a reality as Vanxim people are well qualified to chase them back to the Mandovi river. This will be the same for the Investment Promotion Board. Bharat Mukti Morcha terms it as Imperialism Promotion Board and calls for its immediate dissolution before further crisis.
Investment Promotion Board has been the brainchild of India’s Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar conceived while his tenure as Goa’s Chief Minister. Now BJP has accepted undisclosed amount from Corporate and now busy clearing way for number of projects. 5 star hotels in Vanxim and Marinas in Zuari were never part of BJP’s last Assembly manifesto. This only indicates that the Party has taken large corporate funds and hiding the same from People of Goa. Bharat Mukti Morcha calls for inclusion of Political parties under the Right to Information Act. What BJP government intends doing is giving nods to land grabs.