Description of offenders
Coastal Police Station, Harbour
100 Police Response
8 trawlers continued till 11.30 pm
1 mini purse seine boat
Phone not working
Delayed communication as phone was connected to fax.
Fisheries Patrol boat intercepted one trawler but allowed rest to escape.
Coastal Police Boat sent for repairs
14 trawlers carried on beyond 4.00 pm
Refused to send Patrol boat as there is no permission from Chandresh
Patrol boat broke
7.00 am till late night
Phone connected to Fax.
Police Pretended as if they did not hear.
Observations on state of Fisheries Department Control Room, Panjim
1. Often land line no. 2425263 remains connected to Fax even early mornings when fishermen are calling to complain.
2. If call is answered then response is given that Coastal Police Station at Harbour Vasco will be informed.
3. Another response comes saying we cannot send patrol boat to catch trawlers without permission of Chandresh. Chandresh, an official of the fisheries department do not answer call on his mobile or calls back.
4. In one instance Fisheries department boat went and caught one trawler and allowed the rest 11 to escape. Punishment given not known.
5. Calls are answered but no action is taken.
6. Written complaints and Press Release on illegal fishing filed by Bharat Mukti Morcha, Goa State Unit
Observations on state of Coastal Police Station at Harbour, Vasco
1. Calls are answered but no action is taken.
2. Calls answered and caller informed that Patrol boat has suffered break down.
3. Picks up the call and pretends as if they cannot hear and keep the receiver down.
4. When Patrol boat breaks there is no alternative arrangement for Patrolling. What is there is Terrorist attack when the Patrol boat under repairs?
Observations on state of Police response when called by dialing 100
1. When called takes long time to understand the problem of illegal fishing by trawlers
2. Takes long time to understand where Cacra, Nauxim and Odxel is located.
3. Police travel in Jeep in landline and search the caller who is in the River fishing for guidance. Fishermen face risk of net entanglement when police calls back in the River.
4. It looks like Police has no network with coastal police station at harbor.
Who has Powers to Act against illegal fishing?
1. Officials of Department of Fisheries under the Goa, Daman and Diu Marine Fishing Regulation Act, 1980
2. Officials Authorized by Department of Fisheries under the Goa, Daman and Diu Marine Fishing Regulation Act, 1980. Currently Police officers are authorized besides Block Development Officers and Mamlatdars.
3. Executive Magistrate is authorized to act under sections 107 and 145 of Code of Criminal Procedure.
Illegal Fishing by trawlers in Zuari River currently is rampant. Role of Police as well as Department of Fisheries has failed. Situation may again degenerate into open clashes in the Zuari river between the fishermen who are opposing illegal fishing in Zuari river and trawlers carrying on illegal fishing if those responsible to act: Department of Fisheries, Police, Executive Magistrate, Block Development Officers and Mamlatdars. In order to restore collapsed of Law and Order in Zuari river you are requested to act as per the requirements of law to stop illegal fishing in Zuari river.
Hi,this is really very nice blog.I have learned a lot of good and informative stuff from your blog.Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful post. Keep posting such valuable contents.ReplyDelete
We are also into the Digital Marketing space.
Please visit our website by clicking the links given below.
Best Digital Marketing Training Course in Kolkata
Best Digital Marketing Training Centre in Kolkata
Best Digital Marketing Training Center in Kolkata
Best Digital Marketing Training Institute in Kolkata
Best SEO/Search Engine Optimization Training Centre in Kolkata
Best SEO/Search Engine Optimization Training Center in Kolkata
Best SEO/Search Engine Optimization Training Course in Kolkata
Best SEO/Search Engine Optimization Training Institute in Kolkata
Best Digital Marketing SEO Internship in Kolkata
Best Digital Marketing SEO Agency in Kolkata
Best Digital Marketing SEO Jobs in Kolkata
Digital Marketing Course Fees in Kolkata
Digital Marketing Course Online in Kolkata
Digital Marketing Expert Abuzar Shah Qureshi in Kolkata
Digital Marketing Expert in Kolkata
Best Digital Marketing Company in Kolkata
Best SEO Company in Kolkata
Best SEO Services in Kolkata
Digital Marketing Jobs for Fresher in Kolkata
Best SEO Jobs for Fresher in Kolkata