Friday, 9 October 2026

To be with Binoculars in Honnavar!

My binoculars brought Honnavar closer to me, very close.



Sharavati River and Kandla Forest: While going on the boat, through the binoculars I saw the living world inside the Kandla forest. Birds sitting on the trees, boats moving in the water, and a big steamer coming from far away.


The Magic of the Sea: When I looked from Eco Beach, the best moment of my life was seeing a dolphin jump out of the water in the distance! The fishermen, their nets, the waves of the sea - everything felt like it was right in front of my eyes.


Hills and Hillocks: When I looked through the binoculars from the hilltop of Apsarakonda, the whole of Honnavar looked like a painting. The place where the Sharavati river meets the sea, the green Kandla forest.


The Night Sky: At night, sitting at Tonka Beach, I saw the moon and stars through the binoculars. I could even see the craters on the moon! I had not expected this.


My Favorite: When my friends were playing at our Tonka Beach, I watched them from a distance through the binoculars. They waved at me, and I saw them from here itself - even though we were far, it felt like we were close.


Honnavar cannot be captured on a phone, it has to be experienced through binoculars. All these moments will remain in my memory for a lifetime.


Apeksha R. Tandel 

No comments:

Post a Comment